Portsmouth Inspiring Volunteer Awards 2017
The awards recognise volunteers who make a real difference to their area or the lives of others.
Organised by Portsmouth Together and Pompey in the Community, the awards are an annual event funded through support from local businesses and organisations.
The 2017 Awards are supported by:
- Environment & Conservation – Portsmouth City Council
- My Community – The Southern Co-operative
- Arts, Culture and Heritage – IBM UK
- Community Sport – ValueYou volunteer recognition scheme
- Health and Social Care – COLAS
- Education and Mentoring – Irwin Mitchell Solicitors
This year’s awards are now closed for nominations and there were nearly 80 individual and team nominations, making it a very difficult task for the Awards Panel. The winners will be announced at a ceremony at Fratton Park on Tuesday 6th June, during Volunteers’ Week 2017.
The Lord Mayor of Portsmouth Cllr David Fuller said: “The awards are our chance to celebrate not only the excellence of volunteers, but the amazing things we can accomplish when we work together to make Portsmouth the best city it can be. The judges will be looking for volunteers who have shown outstanding enthusiasm and commitment, who have given exceptional service or contributed particular depth of experience, or who have achieved great impact through their volunteering.”