YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are looking for volunteers to befriend isolated people by vising them at their home to chat and bring a smile to their day. This will help enable their carer to have a couple of hours break for themselves.
Activities could include:
- Befriending - regularly visiting someone in their home
- Out and about - accompanying people out for a walk, to a favourite place or to a social gathering.
- Community Groups- attending groups either as support for someone or to feedback about the group to the team.
- Shopping- for or with those who are elderly, unwell or disabled.
Good experience for someone thinking of going into care work, or anyone with a caring nature and some free time! Could you make a difference and make a positive contribution to your community?
* good listening skills
* Good communication skills and a pleasant manner.
* Committed and reliable.
* DBS required
- DBS check required
- Expenses reimbursed
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
We are looking for Volunteers to help when they can, even if its just for 1 hour per week, so please get in touch.
This opportunity is available Countywide.
More Opportunities from THE YOU TRUST
THE YOU TRUST
THE YOU TRUST
First Step Forward
Breast Cancer UK
Portsmouth Association for the Blind
Portsmouth School Governors