- Act as a member of the staff team of the Roberts Centre in co-operation with other staff as required.
- Comply with the Roberts Centre policy with respect to Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, and Violence at Work etc.
- To report any child protection concerns to your line manager and comply with the Child Protection/Safeguarding policies.
d) To demonstrate a commitment to the Safeguarding of children and promotion of their wellbeing and integrated working, at a level appropriate to the role.
The normal hours for volunteering are:
10.00am - 1.00pm
1.00pm - 4.00pm
However, flexible hours can be agreed with the Nursery Manager.
Details Of Task
- To assist staff with interacting with the children through play
- Assist with setting up activities with the children
- Assisting staff in taking part in activities with the children
- Assist staff with toileting and hand washing
- Help staff in assisting children with their lunches
- Clean eating area, fill dishwasher and clean work surfaces
a) Volunteers must attend reviews provided by the centre/staff.
b) The Senior Nursery Practitioner and colleagues will give regular support and supervision.
c) All volunteers are able to access main stream training in the same way as paid staff members, if appropriate to their role.
d) All volunteers are covered by the insurance in the same way as paid staff members.
Interest in children, child development and education and play - Essential
An awareness and knowledge of equal opportunities & child protection - Desirable
Ability to build relationships - Desirable
Ability to communicate well - Desirable
Ability to work as part of a team - Essential
No additional details recorded for this opportunity.
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/12/2016
End Date: 31/03/2017
84 Crasswell Street
More Opportunities from The EC Roberts Centre
Smile Support and Care
Wessex Cancer Trust
Mencap (Royal Mencap Society)
Motor Neurone Disease Association - Portsmouth & SE Hants Group
Independence and Wellbeing Team