- Are you a good Listener?
- Can you offer 2-3 hours per week?
- Can you offer friendly support?
- Have you got a skill that can be shared?
- Are you 18 years or over
As a Community Companion you can help support carers and the cared for in our local communities.
We are looking for volunteers to help create a highlight to someones week by exploring new interests or taking a trip down memory lane
Volunteers could also support someone going to local clubs, going for a short walk, or to a local café.
My Time is a partnership between the YOU Trust and Citizens Advice Portsmouth to support Carers who are caring for a friend or family member,
enabling them to take a break for themselves.
We would like volunteers to commit to 2-3 hours per week.
No prior qualifications or prior experience needed as full training is given. Community companions do not undertake any personal care.
There is flexibility in hours so you could volunteer during the week, in evenings or during the weekends.
This can be a great opportunity for first steps into employment or for building up skills. Volunteer expenses are reimbursed.
This role does require a DBS check
Just make an enquiry to meet and discuss how you could make a difference to the lives of others by sharing just a few hours a week.
- Genuine interest in getting to know people in your community
- Sensitive to people’s needs and care for their well-being
- A supportive attitude and able to provide encouragement
- Ability to work independently and go out into the community for activities
- You may have a skill that you can share with others
- Volunteers will not undertake any personal care
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Suitable for Under 18's
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity is available Countywide.